Zealdeal is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws while providing you with an enjoyable service. The term "we", "us" or "our" in this Privacy Notice refers to Zealdeal and any of its affiliate companies, collectively "Zealdeal"). This Policy applies to information we collect when you use our websites, software, apps and other online products and services where this Policy is posted (collectively, the "Website" or "Websites").
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
Table of Contents
1. About Personal information do we collect
2. How we use personal data
3. Disclosure of personal data
4. Data security
5. International data transfers.
6. Third party sites.
7. Your data protection rights.
9. How to contact us.
1. What personal information do we collect and why?
The personal information that we collect about you falls into the following categories:
- Cookies and similar tracking technology
- Information that you provide voluntarily
- Information that we collect automatically
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
- Third Party Advertising
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors. Please note that we use aggregated (i.e. non-personal) information for these analytics purposes.
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (such as website analytics) but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
2. How we use personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests in conducting and managing our business including to enable us to provide you with best service and experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us using the details below.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing email at any time as set out in the "Direct mailings and unsubscribing" section.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our service is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to allow you to participate in competitions and interactive features of our service.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- to report aggregate information to our business users. This is statistical data about our users' actions and patterns.
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our service according to your individual interests.
- to recognise you when you return to our Website or App.
- to gain understanding and insights about the nature of our audience and how they interact with our products and services, including A/B testing.
- to detect and prevent potential fraudulent or other activity in breach of our terms and conditions.
- to log when you have arrived at and / or leave a location (for example, a shopping centre, a high street or an airport).
- to provide location based services to you (for example, providing offers for retailers/brands nearby or other promotions relevant to your location).
Third parties collecting your data through cookies or other similar technologies referred to above may use the information to provide you with interest-based (behavioural) advertising or other targeted content.
3. Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
4. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
5. International data transfers
Where possible, we try to keep the information you supply to us via this Website locally in the European Economic Area. However, as part of the services offered through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the EEA. By way of example, this may happen where any of our servers are hosted in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is located in a country outside the EEA.
We may also share information between our various working groups or departments with-in the company, which may be located in countries worldwide. If you require contact details of our working groups or departments, please contact us. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that any personal data relating to you will continue to be adequately protected.
6. Third party sites
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Website and we recommend that you check the policy of each Website you visit.
In addition, if you have linked to our Website from a third party Website or other online service, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party Website or online service and recommend that you check the policy of that third party Website or online service and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
7. Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information: (i) to access, correct, update or request deletion of it; (ii) to object to processing of your personal information; (iii) to ask us to restrict processing of it; (iv) to request portability of it; and (v) to opt-out of marketing communications. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We will respond to requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
9. How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
Or using this contact us form.